Thursday 10 July 2014

To blog or not to blog...

That is the question.

Forgive me readers for I have sinned, I confess it has been 5 weeks since my last blog post.

As you may have ascertained from the post title, it is due to me losing my mojo for blogging. A bit of uncertainty about whether I want to continue on or not. I have mixed feelings, there have been moments where I have really enjoyed it and it had been a great way to get it out and it will be awesome to be able to come back later on and read about these early years and remember things that I will likely forget.

On the other hand, I feel like no one cares...I'm not really sharing anything that would be of that much interest to others. I have no sage advice or content that is helpful or educational to anyone, just my ramblings...and who really gives a damn about some random mum on the internet sharing every day stuff on a random basis.

I guess what I crave is some sort of interaction with others, some feedback...something that makes me feel like maybe people do care and want to hear about my boring day (ha).

There are times when I have thought about trying harder to grow my blog and make something of it but then I feel as though it is all too hard and I don't know where to start so where would I even begin???

What should I do, if people actually bother to reply I will take it as a sign to keep on trucking.

I mean, who doesn't want to hear stories about my 'threenager' and my little firecracker daughter, my struggle with trying to find a decent part time job that works around having young kids...riveting stuff I tell you.

Speaking of the job front, I got a reply from an agency the other day about a role I'd enquired about that was basically a sorry we can't help you because you don't have any 'recent' experience. F*ck me, does all my previous experience become null and void because I took time off to have a family? It really grinds my gears to think that getting my foot back in the door becomes that much harder now because people are only interested in hiring someone with recent experience. That is so penalising to stay at home mums that chose to take time off to raise their families. It doesn't negate the fact that I am f*cking awesome and would be an asset to any company if they were willing to give me the chance. I have always been a hard worker and done well at my job, I promise I still have a functioning brain and it hasn't turned to mush just because I have been at home. Ahhhh, sorry for the rant...I needed to get that out. I just can't fathom the logic of it, at least see me in person to gauge whether I would be the right person before tossing me aside with a glance at my resume that stops a few years ago, I am not unemployable, I am just a mum.

Anyway, I hope everyone is well...take care.
 photo blogpostsignature_zps2599dc0e.png

2 comments:

  1. I hear you! I love reading your blog. Don't give up you write so beautifully.
    I am sure others enjoy it to.
    The right job will find you soon. You have so many skills and many have developed since becoming a mum. Time management, problem solving, dealing with many tasks at once, Dealing with stressful situations and so much more.
    Stay positive big hugs.
    L x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lauren,
    Sorry I only just saw your comment. Thank-you so much for taking the time to reply, I really appreciate it! That made me feel better :)

    ReplyDelete