Wednesday 30 July 2014

Solo Trip

As the title suggests, I am off on a solo trip to Melbourne this weekend. It is only for two nights but other than the couple of sleepovers the kids have had with family this will be the first time I have really been away away (yes two aways because I am in a whole other state from them) from the kids. 

I will miss them I am sure but I so need this, I am looking forward to it. I also haven't ever been away by myself before, I have always travelled with my husband and then with the kids when they came along. I won't quite know what to do with myself, peace and quiet. 

I am staying with family while I am there (and my adorable 2yo nephew) so it won't be completely child free, although it is a bit more relaxing when it isn't your child and therefore responsibility. Plus my nephew is way more chilled and placid than my two crazy monkeys that never stop. 

I am going to the all day craft event run by Unleash Creative, such an awesome day and the mentors are great. I have mentioned before that I got in to snail mail/penpalling because of Rin from Papered Thoughts and she will be one of the creative mentors...I am so looking forward to her workshop #fangirl.

It is short and sweet but I am packing a fair bit in, lots to see and do and people to catch up with. I will be taking lots of photos so will come back and share some when I get home. 

Only 2 more sleeps until I go, excited much. ha

Take care.
 photo blogpostsignature_zps2599dc0e.png

No comments:

Post a Comment