Tuesday 18 February 2014

I'm a slack so and so...

I really shouldn't leave it so long between posts because I have a terrible memory and can never remember anything!

So for the last few weeks I have had my son exclusively in undies everywhere we go (but still nappies for overnight) and it has been going really well. We still get the occasional accident but for the most part I am really happy with how well he is doing and how far he has come. We are not 100% toilet trained as he still won't go number 2's in the potty/on the toilet but I'm sure we'll get there in the end, I'm not going to force the issue.

It was also just recently my birthday, although most of the activities we did on the day were more for my son than anyone else. His birthday is only days after mine so I really didn't mind, I like when my kids are happy and having a good time so I got enjoyment out of that. Plus my sister watched the kids so that my husband and I could go out for dinner.

I wasn't allowed to know where we were going, my husband had booked it based on a recommendation and was hopeful that I would like it. It is always a gamble trying new places but I really like trying somewhere new. I have to say, the gamble paid off...we went to a little restaurant down at Burleigh called 'The Little Plate'. The food was delicious, reasonably priced and decent portion sizes (I can't stand when you pay a small fortune for a tiny morsel of food on a plate). We shared a couple of entrees and had a main each but I was so full I couldn't finish and gasp...had no room for desert! I would also recommend this place to others, you won't be disappointed.

I also forgot to come back and add the promised photo of the new hair do (not that people are probably hanging for it or anything, ha). I have finally uploaded the photos off my phone so here is a random selection for your viewing pleasure ;)


Ta da, the 'new' me...ha.


snail mail goodness, I really enjoy it.


Here's my #handmadeval card that I made for the Lyndsey Wells valentine swap


The cards all ready to be posted to their recipients


Here's one that I got back, cute.


How freakin' adorable are pigtails, gah...so cute. She has no hair on top but plenty at the back ;)


 A little rose from our garden daddy helped our son get to bring in & give me on Valentine's Day...so cute. 


Birthday cocktail deliciousness...I heart thee espresso martini :) 
This fine specimen was courtesy of the fabulous Bin 12 at Burleigh, check it out

Right well that will have to do for now, I need to head to the shops and finish buying my son's b-day presents and do a spot of grocery shopping...sigh, a ladies work is never done. Ha!

 photo blogpostsignature_zps2599dc0e.png

No comments:

Post a Comment