Sunday 5 January 2014

Why...but why?

It all started a couple of weeks back, the ol' why trick. You know the one where your toddler constantly asks why to the point of madness...yeah, that one. I try and answer as best I can for the most part, but there are times (like when you tell them not to do something) that the age old 'because I said so' has been uttered from my lips. I guess we are all destined to turn in to our parents at some point ;) They really are inquisitive little creatures.

It's been an incredibly hot weekend here and the air con has been getting quite the work out...I am already dreading the bill. Yesterday we met up with a friend that we met over in the UK and hadn't seen since we'd left. It was nice to catch up after so long but I almost feel slightly apologetic when meeting up with people that don't have kids, it must seem like somewhat of a circus to them. It would be nice to sit down and have a conversation without having to get up and chase after the kids and not be interrupted every 2 mins. 

I could have killed for some peace and quiet yesterday, I woke up with a monster headache that lingered for awhile. It is that much worse trying to look after the children when you are feeling like crap, hubby was out for a swim with a mate so I had no choice in the matter. If you know of a way to get a toddler to be quiet when you have a headache, please pass it on ;)

Hubby is back to work tomorrow, I dare say we are both a little pleased at getting back in to our routines. As nice as it is having him around for holidays, it's time for things to go back to normal. 

Hope you all had a good weekend.  
 photo blogpostsignature_zps2599dc0e.png

No comments:

Post a Comment