Friday 13 September 2013

Best Ever Brownies

It's been awhile since I did one of these, I was craving something sweet and there was nothing in the house...so voilĂ .

This recipe really is super simple and quick to make, it was shared with me way back when by one of my girlfriends and I never looked back. I also love that the recipe is basic but you can add some extras to it if you like.

Here is the link for the original recipe-
http://www.bestrecipes.com.au/recipe/best-ever-brownies-L1156.html

You will need:

Ingredients -

150g of butter
1 cup of brown sugar, firmly packed (eh...I don't bother packing it in tight)
2 eggs
1/2 cup of plain flour
1/2 cup of cocoa

I also added a cup of milk chocolate bits to mine, you could also try it with white choc bits, chopped nuts, coconut...get creative.

Utensils -

Mixing Bowl
Measuring Cups
Electric Beaters (or you can do it by hand if you don't have any)
Wooden Spoon
Baking Tray
Baking Paper
Sifter

Method -

Pre-heat oven to 160 degrees celsius. Line your baking tray with baking paper, I rub butter on mine first so that the baking paper sticks in place.






Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. 
Add eggs one at a time on low speed. 

Mix through the flour and the cocoa. 
Pour in to baking tray and cook for about 25 -30 mins. 


This would be delicious with some ice cream or double cream but alas I had neither of those things to hand, it is still delicious eaten on its own.

So there you have it, super simple and a tasty treat....happy baking!

Till next time xo





No comments:

Post a Comment