Wednesday 31 July 2013

Blerg...

So if it isn't immediately obvious from that post title...I am sick.

It started yesterday and has gotten progressively worse, I am not ridiculously unwell but I am feeling craptacular. It is just a common cold but it is made worse by the fact that I am unable to 'rest' when I have two kids to look after. I miss being sick pre-kids where you can lie on the couch all day napping intermittently. I wish there was such a thing as 'sick days' as a mum, unfortunately as most of you will know...we just have to solider on. Another kick in the teeth is not being able to take anything because I am breastfeeding, just have to ride it out.

I swear it feels like my son is being extra trying just because I feel like crap. More than likely he is being his usual toddler self but it is getting to me that much more because I just don't want to deal with it feeling as I do. It also feels like what little housework I am managing is null and void and everything is multiplying and mess abounds. If I try and clean up his toys, no sooner does he spread them out and throw them around everywhere...I seriously wonder why I bother sometimes. I think it is more so because I couldn't stand the mess that it would be were I to just let it fester and not do anything.

Some of you may recall that we planted a little herb garden and some plants when we moved in to this place, about 2.5 months ago. Our flowers are starting to come back in bloom so I have taken some photos to show the progress and gaze in amazement at how they are thriving, I can't believe they are still alive.

My carnations (these were inspired by my mum, her favourite flower)

Roses, this photo doesn't do the colour justice.

This is the herb garden, the roma tomatoes are going nuts (no tomatoes yet)
There is also, coriander, basil and mint.

Lovely lavender.

Chrysanthemums

Chillies, getting there.

I need to get up and make a start on dinner but am struggling to do so, I really can't be bothered...especially as I know that it doesn't matter what I make...my son will more likely than not, refuse to try it. Sigh

Till next time xo

No comments:

Post a Comment