Wednesday 5 June 2013

Vacation for one...please

Oh the afternoon I've had, it's enough to turn anyone to drink. No day sleep again, makes for one exhausted mummy. Especially since yet again my daughter was up at sparrow's fart.

No day sleep also equals massive meltdowns. Over the littlest things, or even just for no reason what so ever.

I have to stop and tell myself to breathe or I would lose my sh*t. I know why he was being the way he was and I am partly to blame for not laying down the law and making him have a sleep. I tried, I just don't have the patience to keep telling him or physically putting him back to bed. I am at a loss as to what to do, he just flat out doesn't want to go to bed and keeps coming out. I have resorted to giving in and just letting him stay up, FYI he is still awake (though thankfully in his bed). My daughter is also still up and has been for more than a good few hours. I can see what drove the author to write 'Go the F*ck to Sleep'. I am OVER IT!

Hence the name of the post, I so wish I could have some time away. Wishful thinking on my part as I am breast feeding, it will be awhile before I could spend a night away. There are just times you wish you could have a break from it all. I love my kids with every part of my being but gee they just take it out of me sometimes. I am not a person who cries easily or often, but I was close to tears this afternoon. It doesn't help that I am tired either, probably heightens my emotions.

I blame the kids for the fact that my hair is riddled with grey, yes I had them before they came along but I swear they have multiplied ten fold. I am in desperate need of a hairdresser, I am starting to look like a nana...just call me silver fox. ;)

Thank-god tomorrow is kindy day, another day...a new beginning. I will be happy to put this day behind me. Plus I am meeting a girlfriend for coffee tomorrow, it's always nice to catch up. When you have kids it feels like social engagements are few and far between. I look forward to a bit of outside interaction.

Also I was told by my sister today that I am un-patriotic because I won't be watching the State of Origin tonight (Rugby League). Meh...I am a Queenslander and support them but I don't care enough to actually watch the game.

Anyway, tomorrow is another day...early to bed for this little duck tonight.

Till next time xo

No comments:

Post a Comment