Saturday 1 June 2013

Happy Weekend to you

I live for weekends, even though I don't 'work'...I still look forward to having hubby home to hang out and spend some family time together. It was just the kids and I last night as hubby went to the footy & stayed at a hostel near there rather than train it home late at night. I was surprised to hear that rather than take advantage and have a big night, he only had a few drinks and was back to the hostel by 11pm. Although I couldn't imagine anything worse than having to deal with kids while being hung over, probably wise of him to take it easy.

Yesterday my son didn't end up having a day sleep (I gave up in the end), I was interested to see how things would play out and whether he would turn feral. He ended up crashing at 5.45pm, I was worried it would bite me in the butt with an early wake up. He stirred once at midnight but stayed asleep, didn't wake up until his sister was being noisy at 6.45am (although she's been up off and on since before 5am), not a bad result at all. I don't think he's ready to give up his day sleep yet but it's good to know that he will still sleep overnight if he goes down earlier than usual. Since hubby was out I just brought my daughter in to bed with me and let her 'free range' (so unwrapped), which was fine except for when she woke up this morning...she takes great delight in grabbing/pinching my face and pulling my hair and occasionally slobbering on me. I wasn't able to ignore that, so even though we stayed in bed till close to 7am, we were awake well before that!

So I started watching 'Offspring' this week. This goes against my normal policy of refusing to start watching a show when it is a few seasons in. I usually prefer to start watching a show from the beginning, in an ideal world I would have liked to have gone back and done a marathon session of watching the past two seasons before this one started. My curiosity got the better of me as everyone always raves about the show, so I decided to check it out. I have seen the first two episodes, so far so good. I still need to go back and watch the other two seasons as I feel like I'm missing important back stories for the characters. Confession - I have also never seen 'Packed to the Rafters' *gasp*. I know everyone loves that one too. (These are both Australian shows so won't mean anything to those of you in international locations, unless you are an Aussie yourself) ;)

Everyone is having a snooze at the moment except me. I really struggle to sleep during the day, even if I'm tired. I should try and take advantage myself but knowing my luck, one of the kids would wake up once I fell asleep. It takes me so long to fall asleep that there is nothing worse than having to wake up when you have only been asleep for 10-15 mins, it just makes you feel worse.

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend wherever you may be.

Till next time xo

No comments:

Post a Comment