Tuesday 18 June 2013

Gosh they grow up fast

I cannot believe it, my just over 6 month old is already pulling herself up to standing! It made me realise that she is getting big and growing up...it is slightly bitter sweet knowing that she will be our last baby. I am happy with our decision to stop at two, we got our pigeon pair and couldn't be happier. I guess it is just a little sad when you look at your cute baby and realise that it will be the last time you watch them reach all of those mile stones as they get bigger.

Then you flip the coin and we now have separation anxiety, if I leave the room my daughter will cry. It makes getting things done just that little bit harder. Sometimes I wonder why I bother cleaning up when I know that it will look trashed within minutes of doing it, ahh well.

Speaking of getting things done, my motto of start as you mean to go on has officially come to an end. There are just days when I can't be assed...I might leave the dishes over night and tackle them in the morning instead, or put vacuuming off another day. I tend to be more slack of a weekend as there are just so many other things I would rather be doing than cleaning the house. Although I managed to do a decent clean today as my son is in kindy.

My sister brought over the cutest little pack of Thomas undies for my son on Sunday. Gosh they look cute on, I have only managed to get him in them a couple of times despite the fact that they have Thomas on them. He just does not seem interested in toilet training at all, we really need to step things up and try again. I don't want to force the issue and have him get upset but I am just going to have to bite the bullet and put him in undies now and again and just deal with the inevitable puddles. He is good about telling you when he's done a wee and will tell you where and show you, thank-god.

Nearly time to go and pick my son up from kindy and I still haven't managed to make a start on dinner. I can't decide what to make, I wouldn't mind Spaghetti Bolognese (seriously one of my favourites) but I know hubby won't want it. Purely for the fact that for the 14 years we have been together I had made it once a week for majority of that time and he is over it. Hmmm decisions, maybe I will do tacos instead.
Not that any of you probably give two hoots about what I cook for dinner, ha ha. Sorry bout' that.

Till next time xo

No comments:

Post a Comment