Friday 21 June 2013

Fun times ahead

Tonight I am out with a couple of girlfriends for dinner and bowling and I can't wait. I really appreciate when I get to have some kid free time (as much as I love them) and just get to be me, not mummy. I am doubly lucky as we (my hubby & I) are also out tomorrow night with some friends for dinner and drinks and maybe even dancing...depending on how my daughter behaves. Obviously I can only have a couple of drinks but I am not someone that needs to drink to have fun so I'm sure it will still be a good night. Hubby is buying some formula today in the hopes that she will take it tonight and tomorrow night so that I don't have to stress about racing home. I am crossing fingers that she will, it would be nice to have a bit more time on my hands and not that constant worry in the back of my mind that she is screaming and hungry and I need to get home.

Sunday we also have our nephews christening and hubby is the 'Godfather', cue Marlon Brando impression here. I hope the weather is nice as it is followed by a BBQ at their house, mmm BBQ. So a very jam packed weekend (my favourite), I feel like I don't do all that much during the week so I really look forward to weekends when we have lots of fun things locked in.

I always thought that being a stay at home mum would involve more catch ups with other mums but it just doesn't happen all that often. People are busy with their own lives and also getting back to work (I kind of envy them). This motherhood malarky can be a tough gig and I often wonder whether going back to work would actually be easier. My main issue with when I do go back to work is whether it is financially worthwhile. The cost of sending two kids to childcare may outweigh what my salary would be and therefore be redundant. It doesn't make sense to work hard and then at the end of the week after paying fees discover that what's left after amounts to bugger all. Have other mums found this to be the case? Plus I assume there would be mummy guilt about leaving your kids, I'm sure I would suffer this too but I am someone that has always enjoyed working (to an extent, every job has its moments). I don't plan on going back until my daughter is weaned so I probably still have 6 months to a year until I really need to worry about it. It does play on my mind though, I have already been out of the workforce for 2.5 years...will it make it that much harder by the time I go back?

In other news, I was right...the dreaded monthly's are back. I had a feeling they were on their way, I was emotional and craving chocolate last week. At least now I will no longer have that irrational fear in the back of my mind that I could be pregnant and not know it ;) ha.

Well I think I have rambled on enough for today. I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend.

Till next time xo

No comments:

Post a Comment