Wednesday 8 May 2013

Tag...you're it!

That would be my husband and I tagging each other cause it's either of our 'turns' for trying to settle our daughter. Sometimes she goes down a treat without so much as a protest, but there are times when we need to go in several times to try and calm and soothe her. My daughter is loud, like cover your ears she's calling all the dogs with her high pitched squeals, loud. It also doesn't help that my son is forever going in to the room when she has just fallen asleep and makes noise, then has great delight in telling me 'she's waking up mum', yeah no sh*t...you just woke her up *sigh*

I did things differently this time around, she is put down awake and I rarely pick her up to try and settle her. My son wasn't the greatest of sleeper's and I probably didn't help the situation. I was hopeful that she would be the awesome sleeper that he was not, earlier on she was really good but not so much the last month or so. I'm crossing my fingers that she will somehow sleep longer when she goes in to the cot/her own room once we move.

A mum can dream ;)

I tried to start packing up some of the toy room today, I would put something in to the container and my son would then want to pull it out and play with it. It's going to be a long process. Although I am sure my girlfriend will crack the whip tomorrow and help sort me out, I just look around and get overwhelmed by it all sometimes. Have I mentioned how much I hate moving? There is just so much more stuff when you add kids to the equation.

On a side note, I went and got my nails done today...so pretty. Hubby didn't see my logic in getting my nails done right before we will be moving and lifting boxes etc. I told him that I've had them that many times before (I am someone that gets them, keeps them for a while and then rips them off...and repeat) that I can handle it.
Here is a picture of said pretty nails that I just took for you guys :) They are extra sparkly in the sunlight. I don't know why but having nice nails makes me feel a bit better about myself overall.

Till next time xo

No comments:

Post a Comment