Friday 19 April 2013

Crafty Goodness

Just a quick one, not really kid related.

I recently participated in a craft swap (gee I just realised that makes me sound a bit nana 'ish doesn't it?!) with some other lovely ladies. I am an absolute beginner when it comes to that sort of thing but I fancy myself a bit creative and have always loved the arty farty side of things.

I aspire to learn and acquire some mad sewing skills so I can make clothes for my kids and future costumes for school etc...ahh a girl can dream. I convinced hubby to let me buy a sewing machine, it was on the proviso that I actually use it and it not just sit and collect dust. I try and use it, as I said...very much a novice, but I am eager to learn.

So I thought now that my swap partner received my efforts, that I would go ahead and share them on here. I think they turned out ok, just don't look too closely ;)


I am a big kid in that I like cutesy things, all things kawaii (Japanese inspired cuteness)...so I decided on a hand stitched bunny in an embroidery hoop (idea from here: http://www.gwennypenny.com/2012/04/easter-bunny-embroidery-hoop-tutorial.html) and a little tooth fairy pillow with a pocket to put said tooth in & take money from.

I always have lots of things that I want to do/make but don't have the time/skills. Plus if I pulled out the sewing machine when my son was awake he would want to play with it. This is why I usually tackle these things on a Thursday when he is in kindy.

Well that's all for now, have a viewing for a property to go to this afternoon. The hunt is well and truly on...

Till next time xo

No comments:

Post a Comment