Thursday 17 November 2011

Sorry for the delay ;)

I haven't been on in forever!

My son got the hang of crawling about a month ago, was slow to begin with but now he is a machine! He has also been pulling himself up on everything, he loves to stand and has managed to stand unassisted for all of 3 seconds. I can't imagine it will be too long before he moves on to figuring out this walking business. I can't believe how fast he picks things up, I think he is pretty clever.

He has stayed in his cot apart from little stints overnight when I bring him in for a feed and then pop him back, sometimes I will let him stay for a little while before I move him. I like having him beside me sometimes for a snuggle, I don't like it when he wakes up at the crack of dawn and starts climbing all over the place and beating up me and daddy and just being a menace in general. Damn this summer sunshine that rises at an ungodly hour of 4.30am, I can usually get him to go back to sleep a little longer. He typically wakes up just after 6am and I refuse to get out of bed that early so make him stay in there with me a bit longer. Gone are the days of sleeping in, I would almost consider 7am a sleep in these days!

We are still going to swimming lessons, he is yet to stick his head under yet...kind of freaks me out a little bit. Some days he is all good and other days (usually when he is tired) he can be more challenging. Like when I try  and get him to sit on the pool step and he will arch his back, little bugger.

I recently discussed the idea of going back to work with the hubby, I really miss it. Of course it would have to be for the right price. Ideally I think I will wait until he is weaned off the boob. Guess only time will tell what will come of this.

I can't believe it is only 5 weeks till christmas, not only that but my son's first christmas...exciting stuff. Even though he will be more interested in trying to eat the wrapping paper than anything else. I am looking forward to it, I like christmas. I enjoy it more when I am not broke as I like buying presents for people and just the festivities in general. I used to love work christmas parties with free food and booze and entertainment...fun times.

Speaking of booze, I haven't had a drink in forever and have probably had no more than a few total since he was born almost 9 months ago. Where does the time go???

I am off to see the new Twilight movie this Saturday night with a bunch of girlfriends at the gold class cinema and I can't wait.

It's also the hubby's birthday next week but we are too broke to celebrate it, I can't even afford to buy him a present. Sigh...I feel bad.

Well that will do for now, the wee one wants my attention.

Ciao x

No comments:

Post a Comment