Tuesday 19 July 2011

It's going to be a long day

So last Friday night I put our son in to his cot overnight for the first time...disaster ensued. He woke every hour overnight and I was exhausted the next day.

Still managed to suck it up and go out to breakfast, I hate the thought of missing out. I had the option of staying home and sleeping in and my husband would have taken our son. My problem is also that once I am awake that is pretty much it, I am up for the day.

Saturday night I relented and brought him in to bed with us because I was so exhausted from the previous night, naughty mummy.

Sunday we had my sister, her husband and my niece around for a roast dinner...yum. First time I had cooked a roast pork and it turned out well.

I tried him back in his cot on Sunday night and he improved on the night before, there were a couple of 2 and 3 hour blocks between waking and replacing the dummy for most of them was enough to get him back to sleep. Only had to feed him once so that wasn't too bad.

However, last night was another difficult one. He woke alot and the dummy was not enough to get him back to sleep, he was wide awake a couple of times and difficult to re-settle. I caved at 5am and brought him into bed with us so I could try and get a little more sleep.

So very tired, what I would give for a good night's sleep. I was hoping that somehow he would magically start sleeping better overnight once I put him in his cot. No such luck though, I keep telling myself that I need to suck it up and persevere...we will get there in the end.

I don't know if it is the lack of sleep but I am feeling a bit meh and down today...

No point throwing myself a pity party, I will get over it. No time to wallow, I have a baby to look after.

No comments:

Post a Comment