Wednesday 27 July 2011

It's been too long!

Gee I have been really slack of late, sorry about that.

We had a busy weekend and time got away from me.

Had a lovely picnic in the park with our besties and their gorgeous 8 month old daughter on Sunday. It was a lovely day, fabulous weather and good company.

Monday I borrowed the car so I could go and catch up with some friends and went to IKEA for the meet up. I had their infamous Swedish meatballs for the first time, not bad at all.

I had been on tooth watch lately as our bubba had the signs that they were on the way and the two telltale bumps on his bottom gum. Well I can report that yesterday they had both cut through and he now has the beginnings of his two bottom teeth. I think they had been giving him a bit of grief, poor mite.

I can't believe how big he is getting and all the new skills he is learning, time is getting away. Before we know it he will be 1, well it feels that way.

We both so look forward to when he is a bit bigger and we can do more fun things with him. We dream of the day we can take our kids to Disneyland and lots of other adventures.

We've got another busy weekend planned, a 30th birthday and a 1st birthday on the same day followed by a BBQ at a friends place on the Sunday.

I really look forward to weekends though as it is an excuse to get out of the house!

Also the discussion of when to start trying for number two has arisen, my husband would like to start trying now and I was leaning towards after our son turns 1. My sister was over today though and she agrees with my husband that we should have them close together. Some of the things she said gave me food for thought and made me think that maybe I had been too dismissive of my husbands thoughts and we should revisit the conversation. We shall see...

Not much else has been happening with me, since I am mostly at home I don't get up to much. My husband is always saying 'tell me something exciting'...uh sorry hon but I don't have a lot to report, unless you are interested in how many times I changed a nappy, fed or sang a song to our son :)

I love him to bits but I do sometimes miss that adult interaction. Which was another argument for the hubby in relation to going again sooner - the sooner we have them the sooner it will be for me to go back to work. I guess it makes sense.

Right well I am off to hang out some washing (oh the joys), till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment