Friday 24 June 2011

Woo Hoo it's the weekend

I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of my husband from work, I love weekends...if only they didn't go by so quick.

Today has gone by rather quickly as I have had a couple of separate visits from girlfriends today. It is always nice to have that interaction with friends but I can't help but feel as though I don't have anything of value to contribute to the conversation. My days consist of the same thing, looking after my baby.

We have a Birthday Party to attend tonight, it should be good...I am looking forward to getting out of the house. I am currently without my own set of wheels as the car my husband was driving finally kicked the bucket (well it happened a few weeks back) and therefore he has been driving the 'good' car to work...leaving me stranded at home. Unless I want to drop him off and pick him up (which I sometimes do), which wouldn't be such a big deal if his office wasn't almost an hours drive away. Plus let's not forget the cost of petrol! It gets a bit pricey, so I usually wait until I am getting a little stir crazy being cooped up at home before I do that.

Tomorrow we are going to a Parenting & Baby Expo which should be interesting (if not potentially expensive if they have really good deals there!). I'm not going there with the intent to spend lots of money but of there is a bargain to be had and I can justify the purchase...well then I can't say no.

We are also potentially going to attempt to go to the movies and leave our son with his nanna for a couple of hours. Whether this actually happens or not is another thing...I still haven't been away from my son for more than an hour and nor have we ever left him with anyone other than ourselves.

I can't help but feel a little anxious at the thought of what if he gets upset and she can't settle him, he will get himself worked up in to a state and I won't be there to comfort him. It is not that I am worried about whether she is capable of looking after him, more so his reaction. I would feel terrible if he got all upset, I know it needs to be done at some stage. I would just feel more at ease if I knew he was at a point where he would be fine and it wouldn't phase him.

I guess we won't know until we try. I will report back...

No comments:

Post a Comment