Tuesday 28 June 2011

Time apart

My husband will be going away for a few nights for work next week. Initially we were looking in to the possibility of extending it to the weekend and making a small family holiday out of it. Realistically though, we are not in a position financially where we could spare the cash that would be needed to make it happen. We could have but then it would have been struggle street for the rest of the month.

Plus the more I think about it, the more I realise it would have been a little difficult being interstate without all of the comforts of home when it comes to looking after a baby. Although that is bound to happen at sometime in the future but at least then we wouldn't be left to our own devices during the day while daddy was at work.

It is going to suck, I will miss him. I am not worried about having to look after our son on my own, although I do look forward to when my husband gets home so I can have someone else to take a bit of the load off. We don't often spend time apart, in the whole 12 years we have been together, there have only been a handful of times away from each other. 

So I am not looking forward to that...

In other news, it looks as though our son might be teething. I didn't think he was as the only symptom he had was excessive drooling. But it looks as though he may have a little toothy peg trying to come through, time will tell I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment