Thursday 16 June 2011

Holding my breathe

As I have previously mentioned, we are yet to master more than one sleep cycle during the day.

Typically he will last roughly 40 mins each sleep, with the occasional 50 mins to an hour. No amount of shushing, patting or rocking will convince him to go back to sleep once he has decided he is awake!

If my attempts to get him to fall back asleep haven't succeeded after 5-10 mins I will usually accept defeat.

The reason I am holding my breathe is it looks as though I managed to get him to go back to sleep and he may just last that elusive second sleep cycle...has been an extra 20 mins (so far) and counting.

I just hope I am not jinxing it by mentioning it on here, I swear babies have a sixth sense when it comes to this stuff.

So fingers crossed, now if only we can make this happen more than just a 'one off'.

No comments:

Post a Comment