Tuesday 14 June 2011

Getting the hang of things

As you may have noticed, I have been fiddling around with the settings trying to get to grips with this.

I am a complete novice and I am learning as I go so bare with me, the more I learn, hopefully the more interesting this blog will become.

The hubby is back at work today so back to just me and the boy. I am hoping that he will go back to his usual self and not fight sleep so much. I dream of the day when my baby sleeps through, I can't remember the last time I got a good night's sleep!

To be fair though, I haven't tried to get him in to any sort of routine...I feed on demand and put him to bed when he shows tired cues. I'm not too keen on being restricted by the regimen of a routine, I like to go with the flow. On the other hand, I have seen how it can work for others and the benefits it can bring, a well rested mum is a happy mum. Sometimes being tired can make you less patient, god knows I am not the most patient person at the best of times. I haven't had any meltdowns (yet) but it can be exhausting and I definitely count down till the hubby gets home. There are days when he can walk through the door and I practically thrust the baby at him - take your son! Those days have been few and far between but it can certainly be trying at times.

As a woman (and I am sure some of you will agree) sometimes I feel like the men don't truly get it or appreciate just how hard this mother malarky can be. (No offence honey if you are reading this, you are a great help). Being a stay at home mum is a new experience for me, I am used to pulling my weight financially. There is almost a certain amount of guilt that comes with no longer contributing (apart from centrelink, not that it amounts to much), all of the pressure resides on hubby to 'bring home the bacon' etc. But at the end of the day I also feel like I am working 24/7, with no sick pay or holidays, ha ha. I take my hat off to single mothers around the world, I don't know how they manage. Having the support of my husband certainly eases the strain and having an extra set of hands makes all the difference.

Anyway I am ranting, I could babble on and on, I am good at that! However, this isn't a novel so I will leave it there for now, I am sure that topic will come up again.

Right now I am watching my son jump about in his jumperoo and having a great old time, talking to his new mate Spike the Dinosaur, too cute. I could watch him all day...

No comments:

Post a Comment